Wednesday, October 10, 2012

If Tuesday is the new Monday, what does that make Wednesday?

Weekly update time

Starting Weight: 141lbs
Goal Weight: 130lbs
Last Week's Weight: 139lbs
Current Weight: 135lbs

The great swing up in weight has an explanation.  Seriously.  Because I didn't gain 3lbs and then lose 4lbs this past week. 

My dearest Aunt Flo paid me a visit on Tuesday and whisked away all the lovely water I have been carrying around with me. In my body!

It occurred to me (and by "it occurred to me" I really mean "Scott pointed it out") that I am screwed.  So. Very. Screwed.  I have 7.5 weeks to lose the remaining weight.  That's it.  Five pounds in less than 2 months.

And if you consider that my birthday is a short 2 and a half weeks away, AND that I don't have any intention of spending my birthday hungry and sweaty, it actually means that I have 6.5 weeks to lose 5lbs.

DAMN.

Alright.  So what does that mean for me?

1. Exercise.  Every single freaking day.
2. No more cheating.  For real this time.
3. Only 1 day a week of drinking.  Oh, alcohol, I will miss you.
4. Water, water and more water.

It's not that I don't love to exercise.  Honestly, I do.  It makes me happy and it makes me feel strong.  One of my favourite activities. What I dislike is feeling like I HAVE to.

Welcome to my bossy personality!

Tell me that I can do something if I want to?  
Suuuuuure! Sounds great!!

Tell me that I HAVE to do something?
Oh hell no! You think YOU can make me do something?!?! Good luck with that one.

To add to this ridiculousness is that I am telling myself that I have to do something.  Clearly I need to consult Scott on methods of Krista Manipulation!

Is it possible to meet my goal? Yes.  Is it even probable? Yes.  Is it going to be a rough 7.5 weeks? Goodness me, YES.

Here we go..... for reals this time!

Running Song of the Week



This isn't new.  But it is one of my favourites.  I never (ever!) skip it when it's soothing melody floats over my earbuds.  Makes me happy. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it, you can do it, YOU CAN DO IT!

    You have a great track record. And, the crunch makes you much more motivated. Just don't hurt yourself running too much!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries! It's only five pounds - you can so do it! Plus we all know weight is a stupid measure of success. So don't worry about it and it will happen!

    ReplyDelete