Tuesday, October 9, 2012

If No News Was Good News, I Would have Nothing to Say

Which is my roundabout way of saying I have nothing good to report.

A quick trip to the doctor has resulted in the following:

- a theory I have strained a tendon = 6 week recovery
- a possibility I have fractured my fibula = 6 week recovery
- an x-ray req. to check which stellar option I have won
- a prescription for Naproxen, to help with healing and inflammation = no alcohol for 2 weeks.

Ya, you read that right. I am paying 1/2 the consequence in advance even though I haven't failed yet! What the what? It should however, help me to lose the rest of the weight and then I can be done this silly endeavor.

I have modified my exercise, since I can't really use my right hand ( see post about my springtime stupidity), and now can't use my right ankle. So I do a lot of abs. Let's hope they are awesome soon!

On the plus side (or minus side?) I am down to 128.4lbs - only 4.4 lbs to go!

I have every intention of running again. As soon as I can roll over in bed, or make it up the stairs without wincing. You should hear the story about how I tripped over a fan carrying the baby in the dark, and then couldn't get back up. Or not. It's kind of depressing...




2 comments:

  1. Ouch! Oh Breanna, that sucks so hard! I wish you the least evil option and a fast recovery! This has been your year for collecting injuries!

    At least your diet is still on track! And ab stuff is more fun than other at home workouts anyway :) Looking forward to the sixpack pics at the end of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks so very much. The thought of being exercise sidelined frightens me to death. How would I do it?

    It constantly amazes me how cheerfully you manage. You make it seem easy when I know, if it was me, it would seem so difficult. You are such a role model.

    I will wait for you! I won't leave you (running) behind. Fingers crossed that you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete